Feel like you are on a roller coaster ride when it comes to living with HIV and diabetes type I or type II?
Or are you HIV and concerned about diabetes type II?
Do you feel isolated, stressed out, unsupported, confused and no one to talk too?
We provide a self help, peer support service for people living with HIV and Diabetes through our regular monthly meetings, see our calendar of events for the dates of our meetings.
We also support our peers by posting relevant information and research data about living with both HIV And Diabetes.
London region manager at Diabetes UK, said:
“People with HIV can develop complications such as diabetes which may be related to HIV treatments. Diabetes and other metabolic abnormalities are now the main cause of ill-health and mortality due to HIV in the developed world.”
Positively UK Chief Executive:
“Positively UK is delighted to support the HIV Support group for people living with HIV and diabetes we hope to see the group grow in both strength and develop to support people across the UK who are living with both of these long term complex conditions."
Co-ordinator of Forum Link said:
"As we live longer with HIV our lives are often compacted by having to live with several long-term conditions. It can never be understated how important it is to bring together positive people to support each other in the way H.A.D Support dose, we are united and empowered by our shared experience's."
Founder of HIV And Diabetes Support said:
“As I have discovered, diabetes and HIV can be a difficult combination to live with. Diabetes and HIV both need careful management and I have had problems over the years - but I have also found that it is possible to be healthy and live well with both of these long-term conditions...
- Modern ART and pregnancy December 14, 2018
- 12 December 2018: vol 19 no 18: Final issue of 2018 December 12, 2018
- Modern ART for Africa… December 1, 2018
- Slide sets from talks and workshops November 14, 2018
- HTB issue 17: HIVR4P and Glasgow conferences – first reports November 13, 2018
- HTB (HIV Treatment Bulletin) November 1, 2018
- Managing sexual and survival risks: the impact of inequity and stigma on Jamaican MSM and transwomen December 14, 2018
- Women with HIV have increased risk of missed menstrual periods December 13, 2018
- Stigma, access and testing: why HIV is still rising in Europe December 11, 2018
- Ten reasons people stop attending HIV care in Zambia December 10, 2018
- Doubt cast on link between tenofovir disoproxil and bone fractures December 7, 2018