Feel like you are on a roller coaster ride when it comes to living with HIV and diabetes type I or type II?
Or are you HIV and concerned about diabetes type II?
Do you feel isolated, stressed out, unsupported, confused and no one to talk too?
We provide a self help, peer support service for people living with HIV and Diabetes through our regular monthly meetings, see our calendar of events for the dates of our meetings.
We also support our peers by posting relevant information and research data about living with both HIV And Diabetes.
London region manager at Diabetes UK, said:
“People with HIV can develop complications such as diabetes which may be related to HIV treatments. Diabetes and other metabolic abnormalities are now the main cause of ill-health and mortality due to HIV in the developed world.”
Positively UK Chief Executive:
“Positively UK is delighted to support the HIV Support group for people living with HIV and diabetes we hope to see the group grow in both strength and develop to support people across the UK who are living with both of these long term complex conditions."
Co-ordinator of Forum Link said:
"As we live longer with HIV our lives are often compacted by having to live with several long-term conditions. It can never be understated how important it is to bring together positive people to support each other in the way H.A.D Support dose, we are united and empowered by our shared experience's."
Founder of HIV And Diabetes Support said:
“As I have discovered, diabetes and HIV can be a difficult combination to live with. Diabetes and HIV both need careful management and I have had problems over the years - but I have also found that it is possible to be healthy and live well with both of these long-term conditions...
- New format HTB: issue 1 online (05 January 2018) January 15, 2018
- London signed up as a fast-track HIV city by Mayor Sadiq Khan January 10, 2018
- 2017: a year in review – why i-Base continues… January 4, 2018
- i-Base 2018 appeal: we need your help… January 2, 2018
- Turkey’s joint declaration for World AIDS day 2017 December 5, 2017
- Pregnancy – Swahili translation December 1, 2017
- Long-acting injectable ARVs are convenient and private, study participants report January 17, 2018
- Hepatitis C treatment highly effective in harder-to-treat people with HIV co-infection, Spanish real-life study shows January 16, 2018
- Attitudes towards men who ‘bareback’ are a barrier to wider use of PrEP January 15, 2018
- Faster action on adherence is needed after viral load becomes detectable, researchers warn global treatment programmes January 12, 2018
- Withdrawing Depo-Provera contraceptives would result in more lives lost than HIV infections prevented January 11, 2018