Feel like you are on a roller coaster ride when it comes to living with HIV and diabetes type I or type II?
Or are you HIV and concerned about diabetes type II?
Do you feel isolated, stressed out, unsupported, confused and no one to talk too?
We provide a self help, peer support service for people living with HIV and Diabetes through our regular monthly meetings, see our calendar of events for the dates of our meetings.
We also support our peers by posting relevant information and research data about living with both HIV And Diabetes.
London region manager at Diabetes UK, said:
“People with HIV can develop complications such as diabetes which may be related to HIV treatments. Diabetes and other metabolic abnormalities are now the main cause of ill-health and mortality due to HIV in the developed world.”
Positively UK Chief Executive:
“Positively UK is delighted to support the HIV Support group for people living with HIV and diabetes we hope to see the group grow in both strength and develop to support people across the UK who are living with both of these long term complex conditions."
Co-ordinator of Forum Link said:
"As we live longer with HIV our lives are often compacted by having to live with several long-term conditions. It can never be understated how important it is to bring together positive people to support each other in the way H.A.D Support dose, we are united and empowered by our shared experience's."
Founder of HIV And Diabetes Support said:
“As I have discovered, diabetes and HIV can be a difficult combination to live with. Diabetes and HIV both need careful management and I have had problems over the years - but I have also found that it is possible to be healthy and live well with both of these long-term conditions...
- HTB: issue 5 online (14 March 2018): Special CROI issue March 14, 2018
- Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI 2018) March 4, 2018
- HTB: issue 4 online (23 February 2018) February 21, 2018
- HTB: issue 3 online (09 February 2018) February 12, 2018
- London clinic to prescribe generic PrEP privately at £55 for 30 tablets February 10, 2018
- i-Base 2018 appeal: we need your help… January 30, 2018
- Switching from abacavir to TAF improves platelet function March 22, 2018
- Research sheds more light on cardiovascular risk in people with HIV March 21, 2018
- Older people in United States more likely to have AIDS at the time of HIV diagnosis March 20, 2018
- Age difference in HIV infection matters – but it’s not always the younger person who is at risk March 19, 2018
- New South Wales puts 9000 people on PrEP, achieves a one-third decline in new HIV infections March 15, 2018