Feel like you are on a roller coaster ride when it comes to living with HIV and diabetes type I or type II?
Or are you HIV and concerned about diabetes type II?
Do you feel isolated, stressed out, unsupported, confused and no one to talk too?
We provide a self help, peer support service for people living with HIV and Diabetes through our regular monthly meetings, see our calendar of events for the dates of our meetings.
We also support our peers by posting relevant information and research data about living with both HIV And Diabetes.
London region manager at Diabetes UK, said:
“People with HIV can develop complications such as diabetes which may be related to HIV treatments. Diabetes and other metabolic abnormalities are now the main cause of ill-health and mortality due to HIV in the developed world.”
Positively UK Chief Executive:
“Positively UK is delighted to support the HIV Support group for people living with HIV and diabetes we hope to see the group grow in both strength and develop to support people across the UK who are living with both of these long term complex conditions."
Co-ordinator of Forum Link said:
"As we live longer with HIV our lives are often compacted by having to live with several long-term conditions. It can never be understated how important it is to bring together positive people to support each other in the way H.A.D Support dose, we are united and empowered by our shared experience's."
Founder of HIV And Diabetes Support said:
“As I have discovered, diabetes and HIV can be a difficult combination to live with. Diabetes and HIV both need careful management and I have had problems over the years - but I have also found that it is possible to be healthy and live well with both of these long-term conditions...
- AIDS 2018: early i-Base reports from Amsterdam July 20, 2018
- 2018 pipeline report: new HIV drugs in development July 20, 2018
- HTB: issue 12 online: DTG and preconception, AIDS 2018 and more July 11, 2018
- HIV pipeline 2018: new drugs in development July 11, 2018
- Pocket PrEP: UK guide July 1, 2018
- PrEP – a pocket guide (2018) July 1, 2018
- Kenyan women can distribute HIV self-test kits to their sexual partners without a significant risk of intimate partner violence July 17, 2018
- Treatment with bedaquiline significantly reduces mortality among South African people with XDR- and MDR-TB July 16, 2018
- Will an HIV vaccine that protected two-thirds of monkeys do the same for humans? July 13, 2018
- PrEP@Home pilot shows monitoring PrEP without clinic visit is feasible and acceptable July 12, 2018
- Does U=U for breastfeeding mothers and infants? Researchers highlight unanswered questions July 11, 2018