Feel like you are on a roller coaster ride when it comes to living with HIV and diabetes type I or type II?
Or are you HIV and concerned about diabetes type II?
Do you feel isolated, stressed out, unsupported, confused and no one to talk too?
We provide a self help, peer support service for people living with HIV and Diabetes through our regular monthly meetings, see our calendar of events for the dates of our meetings.
We also support our peers by posting relevant information and research data about living with both HIV And Diabetes.
London region manager at Diabetes UK, said:
“People with HIV can develop complications such as diabetes which may be related to HIV treatments. Diabetes and other metabolic abnormalities are now the main cause of ill-health and mortality due to HIV in the developed world.”
Positively UK Chief Executive:
“Positively UK is delighted to support the HIV Support group for people living with HIV and diabetes we hope to see the group grow in both strength and develop to support people across the UK who are living with both of these long term complex conditions."
Co-ordinator of Forum Link said:
"As we live longer with HIV our lives are often compacted by having to live with several long-term conditions. It can never be understated how important it is to bring together positive people to support each other in the way H.A.D Support dose, we are united and empowered by our shared experience's."
Founder of HIV And Diabetes Support said:
“As I have discovered, diabetes and HIV can be a difficult combination to live with. Diabetes and HIV both need careful management and I have had problems over the years - but I have also found that it is possible to be healthy and live well with both of these long-term conditions...
- HTB 23 August 2019 online: Second reports from IAS 2019 August 23, 2019
- Find or change clinic in the UK August 16, 2019
- 16 reports from IAS 2019 July 24, 2019
- HTB 17 July 2019 online: IAS 2019, HIV pipeline, gene-cure mice… July 17, 2019
- HIV Pipeline Report 2019 July 12, 2019
- Slide sets from talks and workshops June 21, 2019
- Same-day initiation of ART feasible and safe without CD4 counts, Thai study shows
- Ageing population of people living with HIV in sub-Saharan Africa associated with cardiovascular risk factors
- San Francisco HIV cases fall to a new low
- CRISPR gene editing can create cells immune to HIV
- PrEP is reducing HIV diagnoses in US cities, independently of the effect of treatment
Unable to display Facebook posts.
Please refer to our Error Message Reference.