Feel like you are on a roller coaster ride when it comes to living with HIV and diabetes type I or type II?
Or are you HIV and concerned about diabetes type II?
Do you feel isolated, stressed out, unsupported, confused and no one to talk too?
We provide a self help, peer support service for people living with HIV and Diabetes through our regular monthly meetings, see our calendar of events for the dates of our meetings.
We also support our peers by posting relevant information and research data about living with both HIV And Diabetes.
London region manager at Diabetes UK, said:
“People with HIV can develop complications such as diabetes which may be related to HIV treatments. Diabetes and other metabolic abnormalities are now the main cause of ill-health and mortality due to HIV in the developed world.”
Positively UK Chief Executive:
“Positively UK is delighted to support the HIV Support group for people living with HIV and diabetes we hope to see the group grow in both strength and develop to support people across the UK who are living with both of these long term complex conditions."
Co-ordinator of Forum Link said:
"As we live longer with HIV our lives are often compacted by having to live with several long-term conditions. It can never be understated how important it is to bring together positive people to support each other in the way H.A.D Support dose, we are united and empowered by our shared experience's."
Founder of HIV And Diabetes Support said:
“As I have discovered, diabetes and HIV can be a difficult combination to live with. Diabetes and HIV both need careful management and I have had problems over the years - but I have also found that it is possible to be healthy and live well with both of these long-term conditions...
- ART in pictures (Ukrainian): АРТ в картинках March 21, 2019
- 13 March 2019: vol 20 no 3 – First reports from CROI 2019 March 15, 2019
- Early reports from CROI 2019: breakthroughs in HIV care March 4, 2019
- 22 February 2019: vol 20 no 2 February 21, 2019
- U=U factsheet (Arabic) February 14, 2019
- 21 January 2018: vol 20 no 1: Brexit and other complications… January 21, 2019
- Partners of transgender women form a separate HIV risk group, Peruvian study finds March 22, 2019
- The impact of older antiretrovirals on fat redistribution and cardiovascular risk factors may be irreversible March 21, 2019
- Urine test can provide accurate point-of-care results about PrEP adherece March 19, 2019
- Healthcare providers should discuss U=U with all their HIV-positive patients March 18, 2019
- TAF: Quick-dissolve combination PrEP insert is effective against HIV infections in monkeys; intermittent solo pill less so March 13, 2019