Feel like you are on a roller coaster ride when it comes to living with HIV and diabetes type I or type II?
Or are you HIV and concerned about diabetes type II?
Do you feel isolated, stressed out, unsupported, confused and no one to talk too?
We provide a self help, peer support service for people living with HIV and Diabetes through our regular monthly meetings, see our calendar of events for the dates of our meetings.
We also support our peers by posting relevant information and research data about living with both HIV And Diabetes.
London region manager at Diabetes UK, said:
“People with HIV can develop complications such as diabetes which may be related to HIV treatments. Diabetes and other metabolic abnormalities are now the main cause of ill-health and mortality due to HIV in the developed world.”
Positively UK Chief Executive:
“Positively UK is delighted to support the HIV Support group for people living with HIV and diabetes we hope to see the group grow in both strength and develop to support people across the UK who are living with both of these long term complex conditions."
Co-ordinator of Forum Link said:
"As we live longer with HIV our lives are often compacted by having to live with several long-term conditions. It can never be understated how important it is to bring together positive people to support each other in the way H.A.D Support dose, we are united and empowered by our shared experience's."
Founder of HIV And Diabetes Support said:
“As I have discovered, diabetes and HIV can be a difficult combination to live with. Diabetes and HIV both need careful management and I have had problems over the years - but I have also found that it is possible to be healthy and live well with both of these long-term conditions...
- HTB 20 May 2019: vol 20 no 5 – conference reports and PARTNER2 published May 20, 2019
- PARTNER and PARTNER 2 studies May 3, 2019
- HTB 30 April 2019: vol 20 no 5 – BHIVA and CROI reports April 30, 2019
- Н=Н (U=U Russian) April 10, 2019
- Slide sets from talks and workshops April 10, 2019
- U=U (Turkish) April 8, 2019
- Being black and gay: how intersectional stigma impacts on the uptake of PrEP May 17, 2019
- Rapid rehousing support for homeless people living with HIV improves housing and HIV outcomes May 17, 2019
- US study suggests that ageing people with HIV may have an increased risk of arthritis May 16, 2019
- Analytical treatment interruptions: minimising the risks and maximising their scientific value May 15, 2019
- Rate of undiagnosed HIV remains high among black African heterosexuals in London May 14, 2019